Coming to Mont-Saint-Michel by bicycle
The underlying philosophy behind the project aiming to restore Mont-Saint-Michel's maritime character is to offer tourists a new experience. Taking the time to discover the magnificent landscape surrounding the Bay, either by walking along the new pathways or by using one of our shuttle systems...the choice is yours!
Indeed, bicycles are authorised on the green path - on the wooden planking west of the walkway (measures ensuing from the municipal decree of the town of Mont-Saint-Michel dated 01/12/2014):
- from 1 October to 30 April, 24 hours a day.
- from 1 May to 30 September, before 10am and after 6pm.
Parking your bicycles is strictly prohibited all along the dyke walkway, the esplanade and at the foot of the fortification. Cyclists are thus required to leave their bicycles in the designated areas and to pursue their trip towards the town on foot or using the shuttles.
Three free parking areas for bicycles
Three designated areas have been specially set up for cyclists:
- one area located in section P9 of the parking area, near the Tourist Information Centre (bicycle racks are available.
- one area located near the dam (bicycle racks are available).
- one area located near the dam place (bicycle racks are available).
New services to better welcome our visitors
A number of services are available in the heart of the new parking area.